200g All Pupose Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
2 Egg Yolks
1. Cream butter, salt and sugar, add one egg yolk at a time until well mixed.
2. Sift cocoa powder and flour together, add 1/3 to the butter and sugar, then the rest of the dry ingridients 1/3 at a time.
3. Allow the dough to rest before rolling out.
4. Roll out dough to 3 mm thick, gently place into tart ring weighted down with baking beans and blind bake 10-15 minutes. I left the video below for a reference on the blind baking process :)
150g Milk Chocolate
150g 53% Dark Chocolate
1. Heat milk and cream. Pour a little at a time into the egg to temper it. Pour everything back into the pot and cook out the egg and cream to 84 Celcius.
2. Pour the hot cream/egg over the chocolate and whisk together.
1. Make a dry caramel with the sugar - take it to a dark amber colour - do not stir!
2. Boil Cream and butter, whisk 1/3 into the caramel, then add the rest.
3. Cool completely before putting it into the tart shell.
1. Spread the cooled caramel on the bottom of the tart shell, about 1 cm thick.
2. Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the caramel and put the tart into the fridge
3. Sprinkle a little bit of maldon salt or flaked sea salt on top of the tart and dust with cocoa powder.
4. Garnish as you please :)